Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Erectile Dysfunction

This is the story of the shed and its erectile dysfunction and the moral of this story is "we can't have it all ". It started when we needed to find a cheaper apartment. Our beautiful modern city pad in Milton was just too expensive. It was awesome of course but just a little more than people who want to build a house should be spending on rent. We decided to move to Stafford, which is really close to my work  and pretty convenient to get to the city from. It was a bigger apartment, but it wasn't Milton, but like I said we couldn't have it all !!

We had accumulated  a lot of outdoor stuff on some shelves that we had constructed on our parking spot. It didn't really make sense to move all the stuff over to Stafford and then in the future bring it back to the island, We needed a shed !!!!

It was all very rush, rush, I must say but it's amazing what two people who are connected as  Paul likes to say can do in a day! So this was the day: ( I called in sick, but don't tell my boss). We got online, to buy the shed and we  rented a truck online, drove across town to get the truck , booked the ferry to the island , packed the truck , picked up the shed , boarded the ferry, then drove to the  land.  PHEW !!!  By the time we got there was about 4 o'clock.  So we thought, okay, quick quick , let's get the shed up and get on the ferry with the truck by six o'clock... 

WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!!

Wishful thinking! Then our nice neighbor  Kevin saved by saying " hey mate,  come in for a beer, you're crazy you're never going to get that shed  up today" How hard could it be? So little we knew.  I don't think we really had any real notion of how difficult it was to build a shed. Honestly, I have to say the building the shed was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my whole entire life! I sweat, I cried, I begged god to take me, I got eaten by mosquitoes. It was not pleasant .  I have a the ultimate respect for sheds and the people that put them up!  Now, when i now see people that have sheds , i always say nice things about them !





We returned on the weekend and started on Saturday afternoon, we figured we would have it up by that evening . But first we had to dig . OMG now there are a lot of things I have never done and digging is one of them. Digging should be part of boot camp!  Luckily Ivan was a pro, he is from a small russian village and had a dacha ( communist rural house next to your garden, in the country) so basically i stood around and cheered him on! Sometimes from Kevin's balcony with a cool drink. My Bad!    


This was about 7 o'clock and  the mosquitoes were having a feast on our uncovered body parts, but we didn't stop we had to get the roof on before dark , 




We got the roof on that night in the dark. The next morning we could tell the whole thing was lopsided and the shelves we wanted to put inside, were too tall to fit. We had to raise the whole thing. So we drove little white car to the hardware store and bought some sleepers to go under it . this is very backwards, in case you hadn't figured that out . 



then the fun began and the real digging started , we had to get the sleepers under the shed ! Why didn't we do this first ? WHY!! Why!! WHY!















We were digging and digging and then decided there must be an easier way we would cut the shelves down so they would fit 





The cut shelves fit !




Here we are the proud owners of a baby shed ! They should announce completion of sheds on television or the queen could send out letters of congratulations maybe! 




One day i am going to paint my shed bright yellow !!

No comments:

Post a Comment