Sometimes it really does happen like on TV, except today nobody was filming!
Now that I have a job on Macleay Island, I guess I have to really live THERE! My idea of Seachange has to actually become a reality. So we set out to find a rental property to live in until our house was built. Which might be October. ..
We looked online and we found the perfect property it was just what I thought we needed, it was a house with 3 bedrooms walk in closets, 2 bathrooms big open space kitchen I put an application on it and I thought that was the one we were going to live in , but that's not what happened! Ivan kicked up a fuss and decided he needed to live by the ocean..!
My house hunter international experience all started that day, when we saw three properties .We saw; Bush Land hideaway, Expensive ocean front house, and Practical cheap house in the getto (as Ivan calls anything on the island that does look out towards Straddie.)
Practical cheap house in the getto, was perfect it had 3 bedrooms, easy to move into and great price but Ivan said the neighborhood was ghetto and that the neighbours were less than desirable.
Expensive oceanfront house definitely had the Wow Factor, it was a cute house with 2 almost identical LEVEls with a beautiful balcony that overlooked the ocean. I would like to say it was out of our price range but it wasn't, really anything on Macleay would be cheaper than on the mainland but for tv sake I will make this the drama Factor!
Bushland Hideaway had so much charm, it was this cute little old Queenslander that had been done up really beautifully, sporting all the beautiful features a Queenslander should have, of course Ivan hated this one the most! When we came to the elimination segment of the show this was the one we got rid of first , we put a big x on it.
So back and forth it went, it wasn't actually like it was on TV, there was a whole lot more drama, some yelling, some crying some hair pulling, but finally the decision was made!
Commercial break.......
............
We chose the expensive waterfront property! We did a high five and then called the property manager TO FINALIZE THE DEAL. It was quite a day.
This is expensive ocean front house.
No comments:
Post a Comment