Sunday, 14 August 2016

Dancy pants on Beelong.

So much has happened it is hard to know where to start, and the more I haven't written, the more I have procrastinated about it.  But here's to a fresh start. There is a lot to blog about  coming up, as we will be making concrete countertops, painting and putting down a laminate floor. I'm sure that will require some photos  and blogging. So there  definitely will be more to follow on these pages. Stay tuned!

I have adapted to my new life on the island with flying colours.  It seems I am cut out for Island Life After All! I Really seem to enjoy the community spirit of this place, it is awesome to know that you can go to your neighbours house and they will give you plants and cuttings. I know a lot of people now, I'm not saying I know everybody but I I sure know a lot of them. It's a nice feeling going to the supermarket and seeing people you know.
sitting by the bonfire. I've never had this kind of small town life .

So we're still really in beginning phases  of our part now and  we have just started the painting, the builder is still in the finishing stage and things are getting finalized. Things have been progressing really well. We are really happy with our builder who has been really easy to work with and everything has gone exactly as planned ...

Everything should be happening in the next few weeks and all coming together...
The house will be painted with the colours we have chosen... which I must say was a very difficult decision... because you can't change it so you better get it right ...We have gone with a modern  dark charcoal on the body of the house and accent walls of orange and green it might sound a little weird but I think it should look pretty cool...

The Tiler should be coming this week.  We actually  spent an endless amount of time trying to find somebody to do our tiling only to find out that the cost of the Tiler was actually included in our contract... that was really a huge relief.. I am super excited about seeing the beautiful tiles I have chosen installed.. as you may not know about me I actually worked for a short while in a tiling shop so I absolutely love tile. We have chosen a  light grey wood imitation floor tile and glittery silver tile in the shower in the downstairs bathroom. The paint colour in this bathroom is going to be a dark grey so the floor and the shower is really going to pop.

The upstairs or is a more subtle sort of tile that almost looks like marble it will go up two walls and be on the floor as well.. the shower will have the same glittery silver as downstairs and we will carry through the theme of a dark paint colour on the walls.  Hopefully it will look super glam!

One of the other challenging things we had to do, which proved to be a lot harder than i thought was choosing a paint colours. Ivan and  I did it together. I think I must have been in a very liberal and generous mood because I have chosen some pretty weird colours...
Believe it or not Ivan wanted a very soft pink in our bedroom I am almost doubting his  masculinity... he must be very metrosexual..

The Electrician has come and we have set out where  all the fixtures that we have already bought  but need to go..so they should be installed pretty soon I hope.... it will be great to get the lights on then we will be able to paint at night and we love painting.

I will include some photos of the different things that I had talked about and you can see if you can imagine how these things will look when put together... it's a challenge, see it's so fun reading my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment