The ups and down's of building a home. Mainly the ups !
Sunday, 14 February 2016
Cleansing of the mind by building a house! Will it work ?
This is the story of how we come to live on an island. Will we ever get there, we wonder. There seems to be so many things that can happen to prevent our dream from coming true, How can we ever really dream of living in this house. Luckily something has happened, i have shut down the constant Twitter feed that has spewed ideas of economic collapse, world war 3 destruction, Gmo poisoning and a host of other terrible things to worry about. I am going to focus my attention on one thing only and that is building the nicest house, i can. A house that i long to live in and work on for the least amount of money and the highest quotient of happiness factor. So not only is this the story of the building of a house but it is the cleansing of a mind that has been held for too long by external factors beyond my control .This is about pleasure, pure and simple, this is the greatest project i will ever do and it's almost coming to life .Wish me and Ivan to have the happy project we want. Here we go !!!
Phase 1 ( as my father would love me to say )
Shutting down twitter Ap (will delete ap from the phone)
Unsubscribing to Brasscheck emails, my friends of 10 years now. Who have taught me alot of things, mainly to distrust the government and never believe the media.
Goodbye Forbidden knowledge, Oh how i loved all your crazy ideas of aliens, alternate energy systems and other strange things. I look back now, how you convinced me to buy a telescope and fly my parents from Canada here to Australia, because you told me that a meteor was going to hit the earth. It all seems so crazy.
I will continue to allow myself to listen to Democracy Now podcasts and maybe even Counterspin, Otherwise i would die of boredom while i drive around during my job as a community nurse.
I think this is a major big step I am taking, who will i be now? Will i be a normal person who likes Britney spears gossip and watches the Kardasians?
Wow, Joanne! You guys are on your way and we couldn't be any more excited for you! Oh, didn't you know that us "normal" folk only watch reality tv and the kardashians??
Just get some David Bowie and Queen in your car during the work day and you should be good. You can avoid Britney Spears!
Jo, I enjoyed reading your blog. It's like listening to you talk, but even better with little pictures to go along. Made me laugh out loud a lot. I love and miss you so!!!!!!
Wow, Joanne! You guys are on your way and we couldn't be any more excited for you! Oh, didn't you know that us "normal" folk only watch reality tv and the kardashians??
ReplyDeleteJust get some David Bowie and Queen in your car during the work day and you should be good. You can avoid Britney Spears!
that's great advice Rach, i will drive around all day listening to Under pressure!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Jo. It's fab for others to be included in your journey! Hope it works out über cool for you!!!
ReplyDeleteDe
Jo, I enjoyed reading your blog. It's like listening to you talk, but even better with little pictures to go along. Made me laugh out loud a lot. I love and miss you so!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCome to help us dig in the garden Meagan. We miss you too goofball of all goofballs !
DeleteYou always said you are not a good writer, but I beg to differ!!!!
ReplyDeleteIvan edited the reality post , he said my sentences were just too long. Thanks tho, maybe there's a book in me! I could write about my checkered past
Delete